- Speaker: Douglas P. Skelley - Shidlofsky Law Firm, PLLC
- Topic: Insurance Coverage in Construction Cases: An Update
- Where: The Austin Club - 110 E. 9th St., Austin 78701
- When: Thu, Jan 16, 2020, 11:45am - 1:00pm
- CLE: 1 hour partic. CLE
- Cost: Section Members: $20.00, Austin Bar/AYLA Members: $25.00, Non-Members: $25.00
- More Info:
In 2019, several decisions from Texas courts continued to mold the insurance coverage landscape in the world of construction defect litigation. Some of the key cases addressed the “number of occurrences” issue, application of a “breach of contract” exclusion, and a new opportunity for the Supreme Court of Texas to address the decades-old extrinsic evidence debate in connection with the “eight corners” rule for determining an insurer’s duty to defend. This update will address these cases and more.
Lunch and Parking is included in the cost.
CLICK HERE register by January 13 at 12pm (no new attendees after this date/time).